10 things to tell a College Freshman
1. Going to class really is that important
2. Going home is a great time to eat real food and wash clothes – otherwise campus is more fun.
3. Staying up all night to study is not worth it.
4. You might hate your college roommate or you may be best friends… either way is ok.
5. Join clubs and be active… college is an experience.
6. Study abroad if possible.
7. Take one class each semester that is either fun or not related to your major… yoga, flower arranging… whatever.
8. There is more to life than getting into medical school.
9. The professors really are there to help you, office hours can save your grade – use them.
10. Enjoy it – being an adult is over rated.