This blog post brought to you by special request by the one and only Jacie.
Last night I decided to try to finish the peekabo mittens. Finishing mitten two after two year should be no problem right… (have I learned nothing yet from this project…well that’s a different story all together.)
Let’s start off on how wrong everything went.
1. The pattern was originally on MagKnits now as a free Rav Download. (this is important for number 2)
2. Some how either the pattern changed or I decided to change the ribbing (who knows what really happened – we all know I can’t read patterns), and this now involves me doing math, and well that’s just NOT going to happen.
3. I wrote that I used size 6 DPNs. I don’t own size 6 dpns… so who knows what I really did.
4. I started with 7’s… nope not the right ones.
5. Then I tried my size 4’s in the second size….oh it’s only 1.5 times bigger than said first mitten.
6. The first mitten is probably an inch too short to begin with.
7. All in all FAIL.
So yeah… what should have taken a few hours is now a giant ball of disaster. I have one mitten that’s an inch too short and one that’s 3/4 done and too wide.
Do I cut my loses or really take the time to make a matching mitten?